Big Boi & Phantogram – Fell In The Sun
Having just released the artwork and tracklist for their upcoming EP titled BIG GRAMS, Big Boi & Phantogram have decided to also drop it’s first single Fell In The Sun. The track is accompanied by a uplifting synth beat courtesy of Phantogram whilst Big Boi provides a polished flow. With the warm weather just around the corner Fell In The Sun couldn’t come at a better time. The track is sure to be a summer favourite, it definitely has a festival vibe to it which fans are going to love.
Their debut EP BIG GRAMS which is a portion of each artist name put together, is expected to drop on September 25. The duo have invited a couple of friends along to feature on the EP with the likes of Run the Jewels and Skrillex on board to lend a hand. The EP will contain a total of 7 tracks and its the first project Big Boi has been involved with since his second solo album Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumours back in 2012. It may not be a new Outkast record but it is definitely good to hear Big Boi back on some real shit. Make sure you cop the album on September 25 through iTunes, in the meantime check out Fell In The Sun below.
Fresh Weekly #7
Fresh Weekly is back! Episode seven is finally here and I got to say its filled with some monster tracks. There is a lot of new music in here from the likes of Raekwon, Method Man and Open Mike Eagle whilst there is also a tonne of bumpin’ classics from artists such as Outkast, MF Doom and Digable Planets. I also throw in an Eminem track from Relapse that certainty never received the credit it deserves and to kick things off I’ve got my favourite track off A$AP Rocky’s new album that is just pure fire! So kick back and take a listen to this week’s Fresh Weekly, you won’t be disappointed!
1. A$AP Rocky – Excuse ME
2. Outkast – Spaghetti Junction
3. Stro – K.I.N.G. ft Bishop Nehru
4. Digable Planets – Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)
5. Snoop Dogg – Peaches N Cream ft Charlie Wilson
6. Run the Jewels – Lie Cheat Steal
7. RZA – Just Blowin’ in the Wind ft Flatbush Zombies
8. Beastie Boys – B-Boys in the Cut
9. Chuck Inglish – 2003 ft Grey Sweatpants
10. Raekwon – All About You ft Estelle
11. Eminem – Stay Wide Awake
12. Open Mike Eagle – Ziggy Starfish (Anti-Anxiety Raps)
13. MF Doom – Gazzillion Ear
14. Method Man – The Meth Lab ft Hanz On & Streetlife
Episode 2 of the Fresh Weekly sees some new music from veteran rappers Ghostface Killah & LL Cool J, Run the Jewels make an appearance with their latest track featuring Rage Against the Machine frontman Zack De La Rocha, Australia’s own Ellesquire makes his Fresh Weekly debut, plus a whole bunch of other dope tracks! So sit back, spark a joint and listen to episode 2 of the dopest weekly playlist on the net! Enjoy!
1. BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah ft Elzhi – Gunshowers
2. Run the Jewels ft Zack De La Rocha – Close Your Eyes (And Count to Fuck)
3. Ol’ Dirty Bastard – Recognize
4. Ice Cube – Ask About Me
5. Ellesquire – Dosey Doe
6. Joey Bada$$ ft Capital STEEZ – Survival Tactics
7. Redman – Dunfiato
8. Joe Budden – Dream On
9. Bad Meets Evil – I’m On Everything
10. LL Cool J – Tell Tha World
11. Mos Def – Ms Fat Booty
12. Berner & B-Real ft Snoop Dogg & Vital – Faded
13. Nas – Rewind
14. Common – Speak My Piece
Run The Jewels – Close Your Eyes (And Count To Fuck) ft. Zach De La Rocha
Killer Mike & EI-P have just dropped a new track from their upcoming second album “RTJ2” and to top it off it features Rage Against the Machine’s frontman Zach De La Rocha. The heavy track sees a stellar performance from Killer Mike & EI-P as per usual however; La Rocha is the main man here stealing the show with his gritty, hard hitting flow. “RTJ2” is due for release on the 28th of this month and the duo will also be hitting our shores over the new year playing a string of shows including falls festival and the Hi Fi alongside Joey Bada$$…. It’s going to be an epic summer!